Tuesday 1 July 2014

Jimny VS Fortuner

Right back in the saddle – or in my case, off-road, grinning, behind the wheel of my new Jimny – I thought the best thing to do is a challenge.

I put my Jimny up against my dad’s Fortuner (3.0 D-4D 4x4) at Killarney 4x4 http://goo.gl/30TVNt track this past Father’s Day.

Well, let me just say that my camera captured the scenery as expertly as ever.

The End.

Okay! Confession time.

Pops’ Fortuner beat my Jimny.

Impossible, I know. Dumbfounding, absolutely.

That’s it – do points really matter? No, a win is a win, as the die-hard Sharks’ rugby fans always mutter.

No, it has nothing to do with the driver. I tried every line possible and the wheels in the air caused the wheels in the dirt to churn out the sand – evil dust devils from every direction.

Eventually, with my head hanging slightly lower than before, I congratulated Pops!

After days of going through the motions and wondering what I could have done differently, we decided that due to not deflating my tyres caused my distress.

Challenge back on!

Watch this space – it will be taking place towards the end of this month at Nungwane River Falls near Amanzimtoti, KwaZulu-Natal, with the Suzuki Pinetown crew!

View images here: http://goo.gl/g40EkO

No comments:

Post a Comment