Tuesday 1 April 2014

Wild sky

As I start running along the beach after work, late afternoon, the sky suddenly darkened south of Umdloti while north had the light radiating from above.

A few strides later a thunderstorm rumbles and crackles, enveloping my senses. Never had I seen the sky so angry and stunning at the same time; the waves in rhythm to the storm’s roar.

I stood below it, taking in every colour, flash, sound and smell – feeling the heat, steaming humidity and rain drops sizzle against my skin – until my brain kicked in and moved aside the adrenaline.

What on Earth are you doing, nutter? Get back to shelter, get your phone and capture the moment – before being stuck by a lightning fork – as best as you can using a not so great camera-phone.

It’s better than nothing right…?

To be amazed by nature; to allow nature to amaze; its power; its wildness – a wild power that commands respect!





No comments:

Post a Comment